|Title:||Human Resources Compliance Manager|
|City, State:||East Rutherford, NJ|
|Location:||North American Support Center (NASC)|
GROW With US!
For 30 years Hudson Group has led the way and prides itself in knowing what matters in travel retail. As airports and transportation terminals have evolved, so has Hudson Group, striving to bring sophistication and convenience to today's traveler.
As the Human Resources Compliance Manager, you will be an asset to members of Human Resources (HR), Operations and Legal leadership by providing a variety of support, guidance, and reporting on a range of HR compliance topics. The HR Compliance Manager will play an important role in reviewing company wide policies and processes and suggesting improvements and revisions to achieve legal and regulatory compliance. An ideal candidate will have strong working knowledge of federal employment laws such as the FMLA, ADA, FLSA, and NLRA, as well as knowledge of state and local laws, including pertaining to paid sick leave and paid family leave, wage and hour compliance and minimum wage.
- Assist in designing and developing clear and effective HR policies, procedures, programs and standards that ensure labor law compliance.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of current HR processes and procedures and make recommendations to improve or achieve HR compliance.
- Keep current on all employee-related legislative and regulatory changes and/or developments (multi-state updates), and ensure Hudson Group’s HR policies and standards are timely updated to reflect changes to rules and regulations.
- Develop and conduct training for the field management to communicate policy and legislative changes to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations, and Company policy.
- Work collaboratively with HR Business Partners and field management to ensure consistent application of policies and procedures.
- In partnership with others, help maintain, update and further develop the employment handbook for the USA and Canada.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for Human Resources policies, providing input and guidance to managers and other HR professionals.
- Complete work that requires comprehensive knowledge of Employee and Labor Relations regulations and practices, such as wage and I-9 audits.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Strong working knowledge of various federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Keen ability to identify gaps in processes and ability to make suggestions regarding how to improve processes and procedures.
- Tech-savvy with an ability to quickly learn new systems and to analyze and interpret data.
- Self-starter with the ability to self-teach, take initiative and find answers on his/her own.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to handle high volume and varied workload while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidentiality of highly confidential information appropriately.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 3-5 years HR experience, preferably in a field related to HR legal and regulatory compliance, required.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products (especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
Hudson Group is always on the lookout for top quality people who want to be a part of a winning retail team. With many stores and concepts across the country and throughout the world, we have the ability to help you find the job that is right for you. We recognize that our employees are a driving force behind our success! Our dedicated team enjoys an exciting and friendly environment!
We invite you to learn more about our …
- Competitive Salaries
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Advancement and Growth Opportunities
- On-going Training & Development
Qualified candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration.
The job that’s right for you!
Hudson Group will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.