|Title:||Assistant Buyer of Specialty (Hybrid)|
|City, State:||East Rutherford, NJ|
|Location:||North American Support Center (NASC)|
Grow With Us!
Hudson is North America's leading travel retailer. For over 30 years, Hudson has met the needs and wants of travelers in more than 1,000 duty-free, duty-paid, and food & beverage stores. We couldn’t serve our customers, landlords, and partners in airports, commuter terminals, hotels, and casinos without the continued support of our greatest assets: our team members. We’re dedicated to hiring and training exceptional team members, who are committed to serving the customer as the Traveler’s Best Friend. We strive to ensure we’re fulfilling our team members' career potentials through training, skills-development, and career pathways – as our team members grow and succeed both personally and professionally, so does Hudson.
The Assistant Buyer for Specialty position is for you, if you would enjoy:
- Performing the administrative and operational functions supporting designated buyer(s)
- Developing a working knowledge of the buying function including merchandise selection, negotiation, pricing, and store merchandising
- Being based out of our East Rutherford, New Jersey office, with a hybrid work-model
Key Accountabilities - your team is counting on you as an Assistant Buyer for Specialty to:
- Performs the administrative and operational functions supporting designated buyer(s) (Responsible for Purchase Order Management and administration including item file set up, order writing, changes and cancellations and any necessary follow up ( internally and vendor ) to ensure shipments are delivered and processed)
- Responsible for setting up new vendors and ensuring all paperwork is completed
- Responsible for developing a working knowledge of the buying function including merchandise selection, negotiation, pricing, and store merchandising.
- Provides ongoing analysis and interpretation of key business issues as directed by buyer
- Demonstrates product knowledge through sharing information with buyer as a result of competitive shopping in the market. Utilizes product knowledge to take the initiative to suggest new resources and creative methods of sourcing/displaying product.
- Heavy communication with stores and vendors
- Travel to source new product, new store openings, store visits, store “re-dos” vendors meetings, trade shows, etc.
Assistant Buyer for Specialty Required Qualifications:
- Ability to multitask and have strong attention to detail
- Must be articulate, assertive and have excellent communication skills ( both written and oral)
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize work effectively with high sense of urgency
- Must be able to travel for multiple days at a time
- Strong math skills; ability to analyze sales and product statistics to support effective merchandising decisions
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Must have at least 2+ years of related experience.
- Strong computer skills; MS Excel and MS Word experience desired
Some of our Company-Offered Benefits & Perks Include:
- Health & Well Being: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Various Personal and Parental Leave Programs
- Universal Life Insurance
- Retirement Programs & Matching Employee Contributions: 401K & RRSP
- 20% off Hudson Employee Discount
- Employee Recognition & Anniversary Programs
- Training, Development, and Growth Opportunities
- Tuition Assistance & Scholarship Programs
For additional information on our benefits, please visit: https://www.hudsongroup.com/careers/our-perks.
Hudson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace in which we value diversity and unique experiences, backgrounds and identities.
All offers are contingent upon successful completion and passing of background checks and/or employment verification results.
Note to Staffing Agencies: Please do not directly contact Hudson hiring managers regarding candidates for our positions. If assistance is needed in filling any position for Hudson, a member of the talent team will reach out directly vetted agency partners.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: