|City, State:||Fort Lauderdale, FL|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport|
GROW With US!
Open Availability, work mornings, mid-shift, evening, weekends, and holidays. Position pays $48k. Management experience required.
For 30 years Hudson Group has led the way and prides itself in knowing what matters in travel retail. As airports and transportation terminals have evolved, so has Hudson Group, striving to bring sophistication and convenience to today's traveler.
Responsible for managing the shops within an operation, consistent with the short and long term interests of the company, its employees and its customers, and ensuring the highest level of customer service possible.
- Create “seamless customer service” by making every effort to find merchandise for customers even if an item is not in stock
- Promote quality of customer service among staff through training and by acting as a positive role model
- Hire people who are passionate about our products and philosophy and maintain employee attitude and morale by recognizing outstanding performance and service and by motivating and developing staff
- Maintain staff levels that allow for the best possible customer service
- Execute performance evaluations and goal assessments
- Prepare the work schedule to ensure that the store goals will be met through appropriate planning and organization of staff and manage absences and health management with HR
- Provide an “open door” policy where employees are free to express their concerns and feelings without fear of retribution or ill will
- Hold weekly staff meetings and submit notes to Area Retail Manager
- Ensure that company policy & procedures are communicated in a timely manner & adhered to accordingly
- Work with other departments on developing plans, and implement them
- Ensure that the store is in compliance with all Airport, State and Federal employment laws
- Monitor a loss prevention program to protect the company’s inventory and assets
- In conjunction with the Area Retail Manager, formulate the fiscal revenue, expense and profit goals, as well as the inventory levels for the store
- Ensure that goals will be met through appropriate planning and organization of staff, inventory, and expenses and making staff aware of sales goals
- Review the store’s progress on a monthly basis with the Area Retail Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Strong leadership skills demonstrated ability to build effective teams and motivate employees
- Knowledge of effective merchandise presentation standards
- Understanding of basic retail concepts
- Good problem solving skills
- Fluent English and additional languages as applicable for operation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of retail experience with at least 3 years of experience in a management / supervisory role
We invite you to learn more about our …
- Competitive Salaries
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Advancement and Growth Opportunities
- On-going Training & Development
Qualified candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration.
The job that’s right for you!
Hudson Group will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.