|Title:||Assistant General Manager|
|City, State:||New York, NY|
|Location:||Port Authority Bus Terminal|
GROW With US!
Assistant General Manager
Port Authority Bus Terminal- New York
For 30 years Hudson Group has led the way and prides itself in knowing what matters in travel retail. As airports and transportation terminals have evolved, so has Hudson Group, striving to bring sophistication and convenience to today's traveler.
Assists the General Manager in executing all local strategic planning initiatives established for a single store or multi-store location. Promotes a brand image of excellence through a strong work ethic, leadership by example, and the consistent delivery of excellent customer service and quality store visual presentation throughout the operation.
- Maximizes sales and profits by meeting and exceeding sales budgets while minimizing shrink
- Controls payroll and expense through maximizing staff productivity, properly and efficiently allocating labor, and by monitoring monthly store expenditures against budget
- Uses monthly financial reports, DCIS, and KPI reports to monitor and control expenses, improve profit margins, and control inventory levels
- Protects company assets by ensuring that all policies and procedures are consistently enforced and adhered to by staff and suppliers
- Minimizes inventory shrink through regular physical inspections; Monitors high-risk areas for internal/external shrinkage, and by taking necessary steps for remediation
- Recruits, trains and develops all supporting levels of staff to ensure an efficient and profitable operation. Develops succession plan for the location and supports company management succession plan and other HR initiatives.
- Ensures consistent excellent customer service delivered by knowledgeable and professional associates.
- Demonstrates excellent product knowledge and promotes a consistently positive corporate image through clean, well-merchandised stores.
- Communicates sales and store openings each day to Regional Vice President
- Ensures compliance of brand promotional programs and works closely with Brand Corporate Marketing department in development of new opportunities.
- Works closely with Merchandising department and General Manager in implementing brand initiatives and maintaining brand merchandising standards and vendor relationships and contracts
- Works closely with the GM to ensure monthly compliance of brand standards and assists in the completion of the monthly diagnostic report, including submitting pictures, data, and other information that may be required
- Provides enthusiastic, positive reinforcement and guidance to store staff.
- Delivers/receives information to/from corporate office/staff.
- Monitors suppliers’ activities.
- Problem-solves and ensures overall customer service for the operation
- Ensure a professional working relationship with airport management.
- Works closely with the ACDBE Partners and their management team and provides reports on the state of operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills.
- Good analytical business thought processes and problem-solving skills.
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks and projects.
- Good time management skills and attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, subordinates, peers, landlords, suppliers, and superiors.
- Flexible to work periodic long and/or irregular hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Required to work busiest days and times as the business dictates
- Fluent computer skills in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Three to five years of retail store management experience. Multi-store management experience required for multi-store location.
- Secondary School Graduate or equivalent; Associates degree or above preferred.
We invite you to learn more about our …
- Competitive Salaries
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Advancement and Growth Opportunities
- On-going Training & Development
Qualified candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration.
The job that’s right for you!
Hudson Group will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.