|Title:||Manager Digital Technology|
|City, State:||East Rutherford, NJ|
|Location:||North American Support Center (NASC)|
GROW With US!
For 30 years Hudson Group has led the way and prides itself in knowing what matters in travel retail. As airports and transportation terminals have evolved, so has Hudson Group, striving to bring sophistication and convenience to today's traveler.
This position is results-oriented and able to bring innovative approaches to Hudson’s digital operations. Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure and working closely with colleagues in the Marketing Department, the Manager of Digital Technology is responsible for the delivery, management, and implementation of applications and solutions that support Hudson Group’s digital strategy. The Manager of Digital Technology will provide vision and leadership to a team of full-time employees, plus contractors (both on and offshore).
- Lead and inspire the digital development team to engage with the business and identify new functionality, develop compelling business cases, prioritize projects and develop plans that maximize return on investment for the company.
- Lead a team managing all aspects of digital application development and delivery across multiple functions, business units and business lines.
- Effectively initiate, plan, schedule, control, and bring to closure multiple high priority projects.
- Work closely with our PMO to develop and lead a collaborative and Agile software development approach that improves velocity, while maintaining a strong focus on both quality and scalability.
- Foster a strong customer service mind-set throughout the cross-functional team, while championing thought leadership and partnership with the business.
- Partner with business leaders to create robust solution roadmaps that are integrated with architecture and operations.
- Work with business leaders to develop prioritized backlog.
- Seek out, validate, and bring to the technology organization innovative best practices and ideas from the outside, with a particular emphasis on application development methodologies.
- Identify emerging technology trends and ensure the company is leveraging them when appropriate to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and drive value.
- Partner with internal customers to develop training and deployment plans aimed at maximizing both user adoption and realization of business benefits.
- Prepare software development status reports and keep management, client and other stakeholders informed of project status and related issues.
- Manage application vendor relationships and negotiate contracts to procure resources and technology solutions to meet the company’s strategic objectives.
- Assure lowest possible cost of ownership of applications through vendor negotiations and benchmarking.
- Evaluate team members performance, provide candid feedback and high impact coaching that enables (and motivates) them to achieve departmental as well as enterprise goals.
The primary environment for this role is an open office. Considerable business is conducted using the telephone and computer technology. Travel may be required to stores 10% of the time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years in digital platforms, project management, process development and resource management.
- Successfully led development and delivery of multiple complex business technology solutions into production that have achieved or surpassed business goals.
- Experience developing and supporting mission critical applications optimized to run in the cloud or virtualized environments.
- Deep knowledge of system architecture, technical design, and system and software development technology.
- Knowledge of emerging trends and developments in PaaS, SaaS, iOS/ Android app API, cloud, AI, machine learning and other digital technologies.
- Visible leadership skills and executive presence.
- Ability to attract, develop and retain talent and build high performing software development teams.
- Ability to foster a culture of transparency and a sense of purpose among the team, and create clear accountabilities and metrics.
- Demonstrated ability in developing a culture that embraces innovation, and challenges existing paradigms.
- Skilled at setting and communicating priorities effectively; able to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Skilled at removing barriers and acting with a sense of urgency, and encouraging others to so.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and work with an offshore development team in an Agile environment.
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods.
- Skilled at conflict resolution and problem-solving to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Superior program and project management competencies.
- Ability to step into projects already in progress, or in need of rescue, and effectively assume a leadership role.
- Strong communication skills in writing, speaking, and presenting.
- Exceptional listening skills, ability to comprehend what is said and probe for important details.
- Ability to communicate technical or complex subject matter in business terms.
- Demonstrated acumen and passion for both business and technology, including the latest digital innovations as they apply to the creation of business value.
- Highly self-motivated individual who accepts ownership and welcomes responsibility and demonstrates a strong sense of urgency.
Hudson Group is always on the lookout for top quality people who want to be a part of a winning retail team. With many stores and concepts across the country and throughout the world, we have the ability to help you find the job that is right for you. We recognize that our employees are a driving force behind our success! Our dedicated team enjoys an exciting and friendly environment!
We invite you to learn more about our …
Qualified candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration.
The job that’s right for you!
Hudson Group will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.