|City, State:||Toronto, ON|
|Location:||Toronto Pearson Airport|
GROW With US!
Hudson is North America's leading travel retailer. For over 30 years, Hudson has met the needs and wants of travelers in more than 1,000 duty-free, duty-paid, and food & beverage stores. We couldn’t serve our customers, landlords, and partners in airports, commuter terminals, hotels, and casinos without the continued support of our greatest assets: our team members. We’re dedicated to hiring and training exceptional team members, who are committed to serving the customer as the Traveler’s Best Friend. We strive to ensure we’re fulfilling our team members' career potentials through training, skills-development, and career pathways – as our team members grow and succeed both personally and professionally, so does Hudson.
What We Will Offer You:
- Pay: $35,000 to $40,000 / year
- A 20% off Hudson Employee Discount
- Product Discount through our Emporium website
- Paid Parking
This Liquor Specialist Position Is For You, If You Would Enjoy:
- Working at our Duty Free Store, selling our full assortment of wine & spirits
- Contributing in achieving store goals in sales, productivity and service by utilizing our selling skills, service training and standards
- Representing Peller, Pernod or Bacardi brands to the customer and acting as a Brand Ambassador for the brand to ensure needs are consistently exceeded
- Working at Toronto Pearson International Airport
The team is counting on you as a Liquor Specialist to:
- Have open/flexible availability and be able to work a variety of shifts between the hours of 4:00am and 2:00am on weekdays, weekends and holidays.
- Work a full-time schedule
- Know individual and store sales targets for every working shift.
- Engage customers on the selling floor with a focus on customer service.
- Maintain high energy and professional manner at all times.
- Solves customer problems and exceeds expectations in store.
- Services multiple customers using outstanding Customer Service standards.
- Communicate product knowledge to customers.
- Follows all communication and managers direction.
- Maintains the store environment, store organization and visual display and store sets.
- Participate in and complete any Brand/product knowledge training.
- Complete the Dufry +1 and Out in Front associate training certification program.
- Assist in on boarding and training of new associates.
- Acknowledge and greet customers as they enter the store.
- Communicate effectively with customers, fellow employees and store management.
- Communicate pricing, out of date and inventory issues with management.
- Carries out promotional initiatives and programs.
- Stock merchandise.
- Inform management of any out of stock situations.
- Collaborate in full inventory counting with the shop team.
- Know and follow all Company Policies, Receiving Procedures and Receiving Room Standards.
- Understand all store Loss Prevention Procedures designed to minimize internal and external shrink.
- Know basic store layout to assist customers in their selection of product and be able to answer customer questions about the entire store.
- Be knowledgeable and familiar with the surrounding businesses/offerings within the facility to assist customers.
- Help maintain a neat, clean, organized store including sweeping, dusting, straightening of merchandise on store fixtures and displays.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- 2 years of shop retail experience
- Must be able to speak Mandarin as a requirement of the job
- In depth knowledge of a wide range of wine and spirit products
- Ability to drive sales in a customer-centered environment
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrable experience in dealing with difficult customers
- Ability to deal with stressful situations in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Comply with Company dress code
- Show passion and pride for the Brand in every area of responsibility
- Smart Serve Certified
- Multiple language skills an asset
Some of our company-offered benefits for you and your family include:
- Health & Well Being: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Various Personal and Parental Leave Programs
- Universal Life Insurance
- Retirement Programs & Matching Employee Contributions: 401K & RRSP
- Employee Recognition & Anniversary Programs
- Training, Development, and Growth Opportunities
- Tuition Assistance & Scholarship Programs
“Depending on the location of the position, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States or Canada for any employer.”
- “Hudson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace in which we value diversity and unique experiences, backgrounds and identities.”
- All offers are contingent upon successful completion and passing of background checks and/or employment verification results.
- Note to staffing agencies: Please do not contact Hudson (including the recruitment team or any hiring managers) regarding this position with candidates. If assistance is needed in filling any position for Hudson, a member of our recruiting team will reach out directly.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: