|Title:||Labor Relations Manager|
|City, State:||East Rutherford, NJ|
|Location:||North American Support Center (NASC)|
Grow With Us!
Hudson is North America's leading travel retailer. For over 30 years, Hudson has met the needs and wants of travelers in more than 1,000 duty-free, duty-paid, and food & beverage stores. We could not serve our customers, landlords, and partners in airports, commuter terminals, hotels, and casinos without the continued support of our greatest assets: our team members. We are dedicated to hiring and training exceptional team members, who are committed to serving the customer as the Traveler’s Best Friend. We strive to ensure we’re fulfilling our team members' career potentials through training, skills-development, and career pathways – as our team members grow and succeed both personally and professionally, so does Hudson.
This Labor Relations Manager position is for you, if you would enjoy:
- Represent the organization in collective bargaining negotiations
- Provide labor relations support throughout the proposal, grievance resolution, and arbitration process
- Being based out of our East Rutherford, New Jersey office, with a hybrid work-model
Labor Relations Manager Key Accountabilities:
- Ensure that collective bargaining agreements are consistently interpreted and administered
- Execute the company’s defined Labor Relations strategy of timely, cost effective, mutually beneficial, agreements, subject to senior guidance, and approval based on market
- Serve as the 2nd chair negotiator in collective bargaining negotiations
- Maintain positive relationships with labor groups
- Partner with field management and Corporate to develop negotiations strategy and researches and drafts proposals for assigned branches
- Advise and coach field management on the interpretation and administration of collective bargaining agreements and labor relations, including providing labor relations training as needed to ensure consistent execution of contract requirements
- Support grievance administration, arbitration, NLRA, and other administrative proceedings
- Maintain an extensive knowledge of labor laws and collective bargaining trends
- Partner with other HR groups including Benefits, Compensation, Employee Relations, and Payroll to ensure contract negotiations and collective bargaining agreements conform to company policies and practices
- Consult with Human Resources and field management on all aspects of labor experience including policies, wages, benefits, pensions, and work rules
- Travel 50-75%
Labor Relations Manager Required Qualifications:
- Strong critical and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Labor Relations
- Effective negotiations and influence skills
- HR Laws and regulations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 6+ years of Labor Relations and Human Resource experience
- Previous experience as a negotiator for collective bargaining agreements
Labor Relations Manager Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of HR laws and regulations and expert NLRA and Labor Relations
*For immediate consideration, please include your resume.
Some of our company-offered benefits for you and your family include:
- Health & Well Being: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Various Personal and Parental Leave Programs
- Universal Life Insurance
- Retirement Programs & Matching Employee Contributions: 401K & RRSP
- 20% off Hudson Employee Discount
- Employee Recognition & Anniversary Programs
- Training, Development, and Growth Opportunities
- Tuition Assistance & Scholarship Programs
For additional information on our benefits, please visit: https://www.hudsongroup.com/careers/our-perks.
Depending on the location of the position, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States or Canada for any employer.
Hudson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace in which we value diversity and unique experiences, backgrounds and identities.
All offers are contingent upon successful completion and passing of background checks, reference checks, and/or employment verification results.
Note to staffing agencies: Please do not contact Hudson (including the recruitment team or any hiring managers) regarding this position with candidates. If assistance is needed in filling any position for Hudson, a member of our recruiting team will reach out directly.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: