|City, State:||Seattle, WA|
|Location:||Seattle-Tacoma International Airport|
Position: Customs Coordinator – Duty Free
Reports to: Warehouse Manger
The Customs Compliance Coordinator is responsible for maintaining a Duty Free area in compliance with all US Custom Federal and ATF regulations, and performing all other responsibilities as directed and assigned by management. This is a salaried leadership position that reports to the Warehouse Manager.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Manage and track all Import shipments through your own initiative and with constructive guidance to the warehouse team; using a service oriented approach.
- Maintain all Open and Closed Customs Entry Folders
- Create Customs Entries in SAP (Inventory Management System)
- Create Customs Entry in ABI (Customs Software by Descartes)
- Submit Customs Entries to Customs
- Submit Customs Entries and Documents to FDA and F&W when applicable.
- Track clearance from Customs, FDA and F&W
- Handle all correspondence with Customs, FDA and F&W
- Respond and provide documents to Customs, FDA and F&W (Fish & Wildlife) requests
- Track expiring entries
- Complete and submit Closing PFF (Permit File Folder) packages to Customs
- Supply Warehouse with Released entry folders and needed receiving documents
- Verify posted receiving to Entry and SAP Entry
- Assist with Physical Inventories and Cycle counts
- Create and Submit overage and shortage entries to Customs
- Journal out Bonded damages
- Create and submit Damages forms to Customs
- It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Provide consistent follow-up with internal distribution teams and external vendors for the required documentation for merchandise to clear customs.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- 2-4 year degree and/or related experience working with customs and bonded goods.
- Previous experience in a Duty Free environment preferred
- Requires leadership experience communicating verbally and in written form all aspects of compliance, policy, and procedures.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration.
The job that’s right for you!
Dufry/Hudson Group will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)