|Title:||General Manager in Training (Multi-Unit)|
|City, State:||Halifax, NS|
|Location:||Halifax Stanfield International Airport|
GROW With US!
For 30 years Hudson Group has led the way and prides itself in knowing what matters in travel retail. As airports and transportation terminals have evolved, so has Hudson Group, striving to bring sophistication and convenience to today's traveler.
The Trainee General Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of store operations for the Hudson stores located at Halifax International Airport. This includes management of staff, budget preparation, sales targeting as well as employee and labor relations issues. The Trainee General Manager ensure that store operations are efficient, effective, and meet the overall financial goals and objectives of the Company. Once all training is completed, the candidate must be relocatable within Canada.
- Manages the development of location sales plan projections, trend identification and strategies to achieve both top and bottom line results.
- Liaises with Airport Authority as required and efficiently resolves issues to the satisfaction of all parties.
- Makes suggestions/ recommendations that could enhance sales revenue or streamline operations, including recommendations on pricing strategies, promotional programs, and local opportunities.
- Implements short and long- range operational goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
- Assists with salary budget planning and staffing requirements.
- Determines optimum staffing models for the location and provides on the floor leadership.
- Implements employee training programs to ensure efficient and effective customer service.
- Plans and develops customer service activities, programs and services
- Liaises with Human Resources to facilitate employee relations, including but not limited to, recruitment and selection, performance appraisal, promotions, transfers, work / vacation schedules and to resolve employee performance issues.
- Develops/ executes promotions, other sales/ marketing events in coordination with the marketing team.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures of the Company.
- Manages, coordinates and evaluates the performance of the location management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in related field from an accredited College or University; or a minimum of 2 years Retail Management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Proven action-orientation and sense of urgency.
- Ability to develop and implement creative sales generation plans, programs and initiatives.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership, employee development and performance management skills
- Skill in budget forecasting, forecasting, preparation and fiscal management.
- Fluent in French as well as English would be advantageous
- Must be willing and able to relocate within Canada.
Hudson Group is always on the lookout for top quality people who want to be a part of a winning retail team. With many stores and concepts across the country and throughout the world, we have the ability to help you find the job that is right for you. We recognize that our employees are a driving force behind our success! Our dedicated team enjoys an exciting and friendly environment!
We invite you to learn more about our …
- Competitive Salaries
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Advancement and Growth Opportunities
- On-going Training & Development
Qualified candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration.
The job that’s right for you!
Hudson Group will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.