|City, State:||Vancouver, BC|
|Location:||Vancouver International Airport|
Looking for FULL TIME Work with BENEFITS? Join us!
We are looking for a Euro Café Associate for Hudson Group, a Dufry company, here at the Vancouver International Airport.
You can expect from us:
- Hourly wage of $15.25 per hour
- Paid Parking
- A team oriented and engaging environment
- Opportunity for growth and advancement in the companyJob Description
** Applicant preference will be given to those local to Vancouver, BC area
Provides excellent customer service and help maximize sales by assisting in the daily operation of the café / store.
Shifts: This role requires the following availability. Please include your availability in your application.
- 4am opening shift
- Flexibility to work any weekday and weekend (Mon-Sun)
** Airport Operations hours are 24 hours; shifts may vary and to the needs of the business
- Acknowledge and greet customers as they enter the store
- Take customers’ food and beverage orders efficiently and accurately
- Effectively and accurately operate a cash register
- Know basic café/store layout and product attributes in order to assist customers and answer questions
- Follow all company policies, cash handling policies, and special store loss prevention procedures
- Communicate effectively with customers, fellow employees, and management
- Be familiar with surrounding facilities and offerings within the airport
- Place replenishment orders and stock merchandise on store shelves
- Help maintain a neat and organized café / store, including sweeping, dusting, dishwashing, mopping, and straightening of merchandise on store displays
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to courteously interact with diverse personalities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the operation of a cash register
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Must be able to obtain a Restricted Airport Identity Card
- This job will require access to restricted areas within YVR and all successful candidates will be required to apply for, and obtain, security clearance from Transport Canada.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Food Safe certification required
- Serving It Right certification preferred
- At least one year of food & beverage experience preferred
Headquartered in East Rutherford, New Jersey, Hudson Group is the largest duty-paid travel retailer in North America. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of international duty-free travel retailer Dufry AG (DUFN) of Basel, Switzerland. Hudson Group operates over 700 newsstands, cafes, and specialty retail shops in 70 airports and transportation terminals in North America. Dufry operates over 1,400 stores in 45 countries and 180 airports and transportation terminals around the world.