|City, State:||East Rutherford, NJ|
|Location:||North American Support Center (NASC)|
GROW With US!
For 30 years Hudson Group has led the way and prides itself in knowing what matters in travel retail. As airports and transportation terminals have evolved, so has Hudson Group, striving to bring sophistication and convenience to today's traveler.
The employee will perform analytical, numerical and clerical functions as well as assist the buyer with the efficient purchasing and procurement of merchandise.
- Assist with product selection, Item creation and purchase order entry.
- Maintain positive relations and interaction with salespersons and vendors.
- Solicit written pricing quotations.
- Assist in tabulating margins.
- Expediting and tracking product deliveries.
- Seeking new sources of supply.
- Preparing confidential information and reports on sales and product performance.
- Verifying budgeted (OTB) funds for specific purchases.
- Assisting the Buyer in preparing sales analysis and maintaining documents in a systematic and organized manner.
- Communicating with field-based personnel to determine needs.
- Managing inventory, performing product returns and monitoring sale promotions.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Good clerical skills.
- Knowledge of merchandise buying functions, and scope of authority related to handling and disposing of information and requests for information.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forms.
- Previous experience in a purchasing or business-related environment a plus
- Effectively formulate competitive retail business strategies, tactics and action plans to help meet the company’s objectives.
- Good word processing skills.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
Experience with retail merchandising software systems is a plus JDA & SAP, if possible
- Degree in Retail Merchandising, Business Administration or closely related field.
We invite you to learn more about our …
- Competitive Salaries
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Advancement and Growth Opportunities
- On-going Training & Development
Qualified candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration.
The job that’s right for you!
Hudson Group will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.