|City, State or Province:||Queens, NY|
WE ARE OFFERING A $300 HIRING BONUS JUST FOR JOINING OUR COMPANY!
Grow With Us!
Hudson is North America's leading travel retailer. For over 30 years, Hudson has met the needs and wants of travelers in more than 1,000 duty-free, duty-paid, and food & beverage stores.
What We Will Offer You:
- Competitive rate of pay of: $19.00 per hour
- Daily Pay- Get your money as you earn it
- Hudson PerkSpot Discount
- 20% Hudson Employee Discount
- 50% Hudson Food and Beverage Discount
- Personal and Parental Leave Programs
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Advancement and Growth Opportunities
- On-going Training & Development
- Referral Bonus up to $500
This Starbucks Barista Position Is For You, If You Would Enjoy:
- Being an important part of customers’ day.
- Being an expert in handcrafting deliciously perfect beverages.
- Personally connect and create moments that make a difference and work together to create a welcoming store environment.
- Working at LaGuardia Airport.
Your Team is counting on you as a Starbucks Barista to:
- Provide flexibility to work any day of the week, including weekends & holidays
- Work a full-time schedule between the hours of 4am-10pm
Starbucks Barista Accountabilities:
- Bring our mission and values to life for our customers and each other, while proudly wearing the green apron.
- Create the Starbucks experience for our customers by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment.
- Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep the store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating the environment and customers for cues.
- Communicates information to the manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contributes to a positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication.
- Prepare food and beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, including recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to perform many different task within the store during each shift.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good time-management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Hudson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace in which we value diversity and unique experiences, backgrounds and identities
Depending on the location of the position, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States or Canada for any employer.
Note to staffing agencies: Please do not contact Hudson (including the recruitment team or any hiring managers) regarding this position with candidates. If assistance is needed in filling any position for Hudson, a member of our recruiting team will reach out directly.
All offers are contingent upon successful completion and passing of background checks and/or employment verification results.