|City, State:||Charleston, SC|
General Manager/ District Retail Manager
Meet the Challenge…
Enjoy the rewards!
For 30 years Hudson Group has led the way and prides itself in knowing what matters in travel retail.
Located in the beautiful town of Charleston, South Carolina, this position will report directly to the SVP. This is a $10 million operation overseeing approximately 70 employees across 7 stores consisting of Hudson/Dunkin' Combo, Harley Davidson, Tech on the Go, Eddie Bauer, and two additional Hudson convenience stores. This location has been ranked "# 1 US city" by Travel and Leisure for 6 consecutive years in a row.
Charleston Airport continues to have record growth in enplanements each year with its attractions to our historical downtown, five local beaches, culture/art scene, great food, horse racing, fishing, premier golf courses, and everyone is “so dang nice!" (Southern Hospitality).
If you have a love of history, and a passion to grow and lead in this company ensuring we continue to be the "traveler's best friend," then we would like to speak with you!
We recognize that our employees are a driving force behind our success! Our dedicated team enjoys an exciting and friendly environment! We invite you to learn more about our …
We seek an experienced professional to manage and grow our specialty and convenience stores!
The successful applicant will assist the SVP in executing all local strategic planning initiatives; as well as promoting a brand image of excellence through a strong work ethic, leadership by example, and the consistent delivery of excellent customer service and quality store visual presentation throughout the operation.
- Maximizes sales and profits by meeting and exceeding sales budgets while minimizing shrink
- Monitor and control payroll and expenses, improve profit margins, and control inventory levels
- Protects company assets by ensuring that all policies and procedures are consistently enforced and adhered to
- Minimizes inventory shrink through regular physical inspections
- Recruits, trains, mentors and develops all supporting levels of staff
- Ensures consistent excellent customer service delivered
- Works closely with Merchandising department and Regional Vice President in implementing brand initiatives and maintaining brand merchandising standards and vendor relationships and contracts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills.
- Good analytical business thought processes and problem-solving skills.
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks and projects.
- Good time management skills and attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, subordinates, peers, landlords, suppliers, and superiors.
- Flexible to work periodic long and/or irregular hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Required to work busiest days and times as the business dictates
- Fluent computer skills in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Three to five years of retail store management experience. Multi-store management experience required for multi-store location.
- Secondary School Graduate or equivalent; Associates degree or above preferred.
Hudson Group is always on the lookout for top quality people who want to be a part of a winning retail team. With many stores and concepts across the country and throughout the world, we have the ability to help you find the job that is right for you.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration.
The job that’s right for you!
Hudson Group will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.